Sunday 6 July 2014

Workouts and weekends

So this week has been a complete bust on the workout plan. Turns out I'm much weaker than I had thought.

The first day of the month was a Tuesday so according to the plan, that means 15 min bodyweight training. I did a few push-ups, a few sit-ups, some planking and when I just couldn't handle more without knowing I'd hurt myself... I looked at the timer to find only 5 min had gone by. Holy crud I'm out of shape. The next day I felt like I had bruised a rib somehow and I really wasn't in the mood for 45 min of vigorous dancing. Thursday I was dejected and headache-y. Friday... well Friday I just couldn't be bothered.

This week I took a Saturday shift for someone who wanted it off so Megan and I moved our date-night to Saturday night instead of Friday night. Then I found out that an old friend is in town (well, a few towns over) so we were going to hang out Sunday. Unfortunately his van broke down so he can't get here.

Now I'm sipping some hibiscus and rose-hip tea while I figure out what the new plan for today is. It's tasty hot with honey, but also awesome after it's cooled mixed 1/2 and 1/2 with lemonade. Another busy week but overall I'm happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment